IT Tech 1
Information Technology Technician I
We are looking for an Information Technology Technician I. This position will support the Casino Fandango end users in all company approved software applications. This position will report directly to the Director of Information Technology.
Our IT Tech I will:
- assist users with desktop and network applications.
- respond to telephone help calls and ensure all client/user support calls and service requests are handled or escalated in a timely manner.
- complete all shift tasks including meeting timelines, scheduling jobs, and documenting completion of tasks.
- assist in ensuring the computer/equipment room is maintained at prescribed temperature levels and in a clean and orderly condition
- add and remove users from computerized systems in accordance with established procedures.
- notify the Director of Information Technology or other management as directed, of system security gaps, violations or operational system critical issues.
- be responsible to assist in maintaining the network infrastructure including, but not limited to, W2K8/12 server active directory, switches, wiring and mail applications.
- maintain the confidential nature of matters pertaining to company records, policies, customer lists and any other company information.
- give input to the Director of Information Technology when changes in documentation are necessary
- provide Status Reports of projects outside the scope of normal daily operations
- adhere to regulatory, departmental and company polices.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office with the ability to assist and train end users.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft desktop OS required.
- Background experience in a casino or hotel environment and/or technical computer support environment preferred.
- Ability to flow with priority changes and work at times under pressure with a positive attitude is critical.
- Some training in the data processing field beneficial.
- An understanding of UNIX, networking in a windows environment is a plus,
- Knowledge of SQL server, MS Exchange, graphic arts a plus.
- Most important is the ability to have fun while working hard!!!
- This is hourly position and must be able to work varied shifts.